The Chair welcomed all the participants with warm hands and directed Sector Coordinator PP&H to brief the Sub-Project related to the PC-I. Mr. Kh. Ajaz Ahmed, on response stated that PC-I include the following 01 Sub-Project.
- Rehabilitation of damaged flood protection structure along right bank Bhimber Nallah of Bhimber city, District Bhimber
The subproject is mainly designed to protect the infrastructure along Bhimber Nallah. In recent history there were gabion structures which were constructed by the government departments to protect the bank which are being eroded due to heavy floods. To rehabilitate those gabions these interventions are being implemented.
The chair directed the P&D Department to start observations formally on the PC-1.
- Regarding observations raised by P&DD, the Chair enquired about the approved cost of the PC-I. The Sector Coordinator PP&H, briefed that approved cost of the Sub-Project included in the PC-I is Rs.50.00 million and submitted PC-I cost is 60.227 million. This Additional cost will be met from overall cost of the civil works of PP&H Sector.
- Regarding comments of cost escalation to be paid beyond one year, the sector coordinator briefed the forum that as per approved bidding document clause, the escalation will be paid as per contract agreement.
- Regarding comments of regional geology, the consultant responded that these comments have been reviewed and will be corrected in modified PC-1.
- On the enquiry of chair regarding the purpose and location of project. It was responded that the interventions are at four places along the Bhimber Nallah of about 400m collective length of walls to protect the Nallah for the safety of houses and road.